Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Under Construction

When we were down on South Congress the other night, the shop Blackmail had its window under construction. Since French is sort of the second language of the Daily Photo world, I thought I'd post this picture with their sign. I will loosely translate with my school French: "display window under construction." That's our reflection in the window and there were a few things scattered about in the window so perhaps this was really a finished window and it was meant to be 'tongue in cheek' chic. Using French is an American's way of feeling a bit highbrow, you know. Or at least a Texan's way. This store has lots of things in black. Its companion store, Vivid, has the brightest of colors. They are right next door to each other and have a pass through to each other inside, too. I believe the owners satisfy their own 'black' moods and 'vivid' moods this way and hope to sell to your mood, too.

4 comments:

  1. That is so funny? Perfect French. Are you sure it is not a shop that belongs to Dreyfus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to stop by some time and find out who puts in the windows. People in Austin are from all over, of course, so maybe it is really a French speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this store. They always have the coolest window dressing and always in black!

    ReplyDelete