Saturday, September 8, 2007

Game Day

I think it's pretty safe to say that a lot of people kick off a University of Texas Game Day with some Mexican breakfast or lunch. Sure some are grilling sausage and drinking beer in parking lots, but breakfast tacos and enchiladas are popular fortifications, too. We won't be going to the game, but one South Austin choice for the Tex-Mex delights is El Sol Y La Luna on South Congress. It shares a structure with the Austin Motel. I don't know how the businesses are related. I can't remember the last time I ate here but it was pretty good, I think. Opportunities for this cuisine abound in Austin. I'll be dodging the influx of game day people while I try to have a meal out with some relatives. We'll probably try to have dinner at Threadgill's northern location while the game is in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment