Monday, November 23, 2009

What a view for a football game

A friend got tickets for the Centennial Club at The University of Texas' DKR Memorial Stadium Saturday night. He had a spare and invited me along. The game was against Kansas. I've got to say, this is best way to enjoy a football game--friends, food, and liquid refreshment, in a comfy seat and protected from the elements. Our assigned seats were on the 45 yard line, no less.

Here you see the Longhorn Band in their halftime show. Took me back to my days in the band in the mid sixties. Over forty years and somehow, it doesn't seem that long ago at all.

I could get used to this!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Just, wow!!

    I'm a UT alum and have been in Austin now for 6 years, and STILL have not gone to a home game... I feel like such a disgrace! Your pictures have convinced me to get my butt in gear and make it happen... next season, of course :)

    ReplyDelete