Sunday, July 25, 2010

City Hall Would Like to Point Out

Everyone in the neighborhood is eager for the W Hotel and Condos and ACL Studio to be finished. City Hall's seems to be pointing across Second Street at it. My friend Jackie took this picture. She calls the point on City Hall the armadillo tail. Hmmm. I never thought of that. You can get a better idea of the Second Street side of City Hall in this picture, taken when there was nothing but a sales office and a cleared lot where the W is today.

Note: Jackie, our faithful contributor, says she saw the point called the armadillo tail here. So there is a little more info on the City Hall building at that link.

4 comments:

  1. We don't have a W in the Philippines but even I've heard of them. I hope you'll post a picture of it when it's done.

    The 'armadillo tail' is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that will be plenty more photos of the W! It is about two blocks away from us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't make up that armadillo tail moniker. Read about it at http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/cityhall/stinger.htm

    ReplyDelete