Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wake Up and Smell the Migas

First you chop tomatoes and onions, then you start some eggs in butter. When eggs start to set, bring the tomatoes and onions to the party and scramble and stir everyone up. Crush in tortilla chips, cook and stir. When about done and eggs are cooked, add grated cheese and mix in until melt. Finally hit the plate with your share and bolster it with a little salsa. While this is a typical breakfast in Austin, it is not one you have every day. Not us anyway. Our usual is FFP cereal and yogurt and coffee and me black coffee. I captured FFP doing this one Sunday last month and made a collage for today's photo. Refried beans might be added in a restaurant version, but we just ate the eggs. Click on the collage for the bigger version. But grab a big cup of coffee before staring too long.

This month's Daily Photo Theme is Typical Breakfast. DP celebrates theme day on the first of each month.

20 comments:

  1. Nice collage, one could probably follow this step-by-step without a recipe! Never had a scramble with tortilla chips before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without the tortilla chips, it's my breakfast frittata!
    Very nice presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant to show this in a collage. Wonderful colours, great pics. I can smell it and WANT some!NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. humm. I am very hungry now ! miam miam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a great weekend breakfast! Beautiful, and I'm sure it tastes and smells fantastic.

    Zanabel
    Olympia Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that photo makes this all look delicious. My mother used to make dishes like this and my wife does too. I have not had them for ages and I have also not had French toast for a long time.

    Abraham Lincoln
    Brookville theme day photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice...very interesting. I did not know the migas before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waouh..un superbe montage, pour une tres bonne idee, bravo


    Waouh. .un superb assembly, for a very good idea, cheer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, really nice collage.
    Yummy, I wanna eat it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting collage for today theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the collage. Is that salsa on top? Nice spicy eggs with a bit of crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How interesting! Never heard of such -- but looks quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, la la, I swear, this theme day is making me HUNGRY!!! Great collage and great colors in that food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, Felicia, that is salsa on the migas - a really good variety with all natural ingredients. Just the right balance between sweet and spicy.

    I hope some of you try making migas yourselves and let us know how you like them!

    Laissez Les Bon Migas Roulez!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds so yummy and I don't even like eggs ! Lol :-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great and I bet it tastes even better.

    ReplyDelete