Monday, November 12, 2007

Austin Art

Yesterday we were invited to a lovely home for an art exhibit and party. The home, perched in the hills off The High Road, had a Zen feel. Our friend Katy Nail's paintings had been hung all over the house making for a delightful show of house and art. She appears here in the bathroom with a painting she calls "Beyond Marfa." She is wearing some awesome boots and a poncho from Guatemala embroidered with many birds. The party was packed with interesting people including Katy's mother, Frances Nail, an author; and her daughter, Carrie Rodriguez, a singer. We also talked to Johnny Guffey, the infamous and famous longtime waiter at Jeffrey's, and the McAfees, the owners of Barr Mansion.

6 comments:

  1. Nice artwork...and I love Carrie's music.
    Cheers from West Sacramento

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a tub huh! Y'all know all the celebrities in town. I wanna hang out with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know we can't resist the Austin name-dropping, Linda ;-]

    Very cool photo -

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed by both your friend and her paintings! I paint a little myself and this kind of art is actually my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this artists' work and she looks a pretty interesting lady too.

    Really interesting post.

    and in response to your question, why not, one day in Austin, Texas. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dream is to go to a bunch of places I've seen in Daily Photo sites. Maybe in 2009.

    ReplyDelete