Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Estate

When does a house become an estate? In the case of a place we saw on Lake Travis Saturday night, it's when there is a separate 'pavilion' with restrooms and a catering kitchen, a covered area several times as large as my condo and a terrace overlooking Lake Travis. All of this separated from the actual home by a waterfall. I said a couple of times that I wouldn't want to pay to maintain it! We were attending a party to kick off the season of Austin Lyric Opera. I wish I could say divas stood on that terrace and belted out some arias but there was no musical entertainment, sadly.

3 comments:

  1. i was having a conversation about something simular (not wanting the maintenance) with a boat owner once.
    He agreed and gave me the following advice:
    if it floats, flies or fucks, you'd better rent it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Oh, you have no idea the chills this photo brought!

    1972 we were contemplating buying a parcel overlooking Lake Travis. I think it would have been a good investment, no? Hindsight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you'd think with all that, that they could at least provide music!

    ReplyDelete