Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Up and Down Hills

Before we leave the marathon I thought I'd run a picture showing part of the runners streaming up and down the Hancock grade as it goes down to the bridge over Shoal Creek and back up to the elevation of Shoal Creek Boulevard.

I was interested that some WEB surfer couldn't find a better place to complain about the things that he/she thought were wrong with the race than this site. Amusing. If I have time I will edit more pictures of the marathoners later. But we won't show any more here.

5 comments:

  1. Hey haven't been by to see your site in a while Have y'all moved to the big condo in the sky yet? I think of you every day as I pass your future home. I got some cool photos of it the other day in the fog If I can figure out to download them I will post them for you on my blogsite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one has moved into it yet. But in a couple of months...we should close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't you know that they have the race in the only place in Texas that isn't flat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but Texas has mountains. Not in Austin, of course. In Austin we have hills. On the west side anyway. That's why they call it the 'hill country.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isadora-- here are some photos that may change your mind about the topography of certain parts of Texas:
    http://www.pbase.com/merriwolf/29th_guadalupes

    ReplyDelete