Saturday, July 16, 2011

Live Here, Ride the Train Downtown

On Thursday I rode the Capital MetroRail line out to the Lakeline Station and back. No good reason. It doesn't really go anywhere I want to go, but I wanted to ride it. It leaves downtown from the Convention Center as I've mentioned in this space. This is the Crestview Station where there is a development of housing and (eventually?) retail right on the line. If you work downtown this could be convenient. Don't plan to use it nights and weekends, though. The train shares the track with freight schedules and they can't permanently add this type of schedule. It's very nice but seems a huge waste of money for the transportation provided. I wish I could ride something like this to a place I wanted to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment