Monday, July 11, 2011

One More Tennis Picture

USA hopes were dashed in a four setter match between Mardy Fish and David Ferrer yesterday that took over four hours. The final (dead) match didn't take place. I'm going to leave you with a picture from Saturday of Bob Bryan striking a volley while Mike positions himself. Or is it the other way around? Nope...that's Bob hitting. He's the left-handed one!

I think it's safe to say that our team was disappointed and a packed Erwin Center crowd, too. But I don't think I was the only one who fell even harder for this Nadal-less Spanish team. I'd enjoyed Ferrer and Verdasco before and Lopez' great recent Wimby performance. But the hours I spent this weekend watching how much heart they had made me a bigger fan. Ditto Mardy Fish. Makes me want to see even more live tennis at this level. Maybe I'll have to visit New York or London or Paris or Melbourne. (I've linked to some of the City Daily Photo blogs for cities hosting Grand Slams!)

No comments:

Post a Comment