Friday, January 4, 2008

Coffee and Pastry and So Much More

This is one of the windows at Enoteca on South Congress. Just inside there is a little pastry and deli shop but behind that a bar and tables where they serve a full range of Italian comfort food. FFP and I had an errand on the Avenue yesterday and so we popped in and got a seat at the bar. Some baked oysters, a little wine, a rich pasta bowl and a taste of FFP's (rich) soup later, I needed a shot of Caffè myself. (I'm so unworldly, in spite of having been in Italy three times, that I didn't realize that the accent on the e was grave rather than acute in Italian. Of course, maybe the Italians call the accents something else, too. Hmm...accento grave and accento acuto. The Internet is a wonderful reference to the world around you.)

Enoteca is the little brother (fratello piccolo, can't stop myself once I look stuff up) to Vespaio which is a nice upscale Italian place next door that we don't go to much due to a small size and no reservations policy when you are most likely to need them. Both are good, independent places with excellent food.

No comments:

Post a Comment