Thursday, January 31, 2008

UT Tower

This is a view of the UT tower from an odd place: the terrace of the President's office. We got a Heritage Society Tour in 2006 and I shot this picture.

I'm racking my brain for tomorrow's theme day: "What do people think of when they think of your city." It's TOO many things, really. And, I'm sort of afraid most people don't think of what I'd like them to think! But mostly it's just that there are too many things: the University, the Capitol, music, the hills and lakes. Ah, well, tomorrow I will pick something that screams Austin to me. Or FFP will. And that will be that. Maybe the UT Tower is what people think of. Some may think of Whitman up there over forty years ago taking potshots at citizens and students like FFP. But I don't think I'll show the tower tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. OK no tower on theme day. You have me wondering. You are right though, when I think of Austin, a lot comes to mind. Is the Backroom still there? LOL.

    ReplyDelete