Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Katz's Never Kloses

When we live downtown (which might happen this year), it will be a short walk over to Rio Grande and West Sixth to Katz's Deli and Bar. The taxi cab yellow cars mark the place. There is a club upstairs. (I don't think I've been there since they changed the name to Momo's.) The important thing about Katz's is that you can satisfy your desire for sandwiches piled high with meat or blintzes at any hour. Not that I have the desire for such at a late hour often. Nice to know it's always open. Or, as they say, Never Kloses.

4 comments:

  1. That was the place to go back in the 80s. Its still there? Pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still there in spite of the owner's failed campaign for Mayor and his and his son's financial troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love Katz'. I remeber when he started and was one of a handful of businesses downtown. He would take that caddy to the bars, pick up the patrons leaving, take them to Katz' for a meal and then cart them back to their carsor if they were too drunk call them a cab! He was and is a great guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that car!

    Nice to see a place that folks enjoy!



    I would certainly appreciate your posting a condolence message in my blogs today for the wife of a good blogger friend...

    Pat

    Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos

    ReplyDelete