Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Old, New and soon Newest

Walking south on Congress downtown, my friend and I were struck by the echo of the shape of the historic Joe Koppel building (Fourth and Congress) in the 100 Congress building. The crane is there to help bring up the 56-story Austonian Residences to fruition. (The smallest units planned in the Austonian are the size of our 360 condo. I'll bet that some of the 8000 square foot plus penthouses are still available if you have a few spare millions of dollars. Around 7.5 according to some sources.)

By the way, while trying to find a little info on the Koppel building, I found the assertion that the fellow who built it in the 19th Century did so with the proceeds from medical quackery. It was a grand building for 1888, I'll bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment