Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sandy's Frozen Custard Forever

On Barton Springs Road near its intersection with South First and Riverside, right across from the transformed area that now includes the Long Center and the Palmer Events Center and a parking garage and a park you will find Sandy's Frozen Custard and Root Beer. Well, that's what the sign says (which is pretty cool so I put it in an inset), but they have burgers, too. I haven't eaten there in a long, long time. I have no idea how long the place has been here. As long as I've been in Austin for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Sandy's rocks! I suggest ordering a cheese burger the way you like it with a hot dog the way you like it. Eat the burger 1st, then the hot dog is desert... so good. It is a bonus if you have a child with you, order them a malt of milkshake, have a sip. When you chow down on your dog desert you will be glad you left room for it.

    Thank you Sandy's for hanging with the big dogs in downtown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing Sandy's as long ago as 1974, and it didn't look new then.

    ReplyDelete