Thursday, April 17, 2008

When you are...90

The lady in red is celebrating her 90th birthday, dancing with her son. We were privileged to share in the festivities. Her name is Ellen King and she is a citizen emeritus of Austin (I just made up the title but it fits) She is a tremendous supporter of arts in Austin (particularly Austin Lyric Opera). She was widowed two years ago. Her husband, Alfred, was legendary.

Someone asked me at the party how many 90th birthday parties I'd attended. I counted three. I was invited to another I couldn't make it to.

What is it about milestones like decade birthdays?

1 comment:

  1. It's a wonderful photo of a momentous occasion. Hope I look that good at the same age@

    Blogger is being temperamental and is giving me a hard time uploading my images, and just when I'm approaching my 500th post!!

    ReplyDelete