Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Giant (Mexican) Martini

The Cedar Door is a famous bar in Austin and their special drink is the Mexican Martini. I think that's a Margarita with olives garnishing it. I know olives are involved. (My mixocology is limited to Manhattans, basic Margaritas and whiskey and water.) The bar is located at 2nd and Brazos. This bar has been open for over thirty years in this same building. However, the building has been in four locations. Is it going to be at 2nd and Brazos forever? Probably not, the way things are growing downtown, but, then again, with recession, maybe they'll be there for a while.

2 comments:

  1. ooh. love martini's. Shaken not stirred of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in Austin during my undergrad and moved to Albany, NY about a year ago (I now run the Albany Daily Photo blog). Oh how I miss a good Mexican Martini. I prefer Trudy's Mexican Martini's on Top Shelf Tuesday. Keep up the nice work. I love seeing all the pictures of my favorite city.

    ReplyDelete