Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Day 38-Partriotism

What do patriotism and our current situation have to do with one another? The residents of this condo seem to think that the flags show solidarity. But viruses are global with no respect for borders really. So it goes. I understand that we are going to stop immigration to solve the crisis. Forgetting that farmworkers, health care workers, and lots of essential underpaid foodservice and grocery workers are immigrants. I hope the out-of-work line up for these jobs. Puzzling.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah. Well, I'll bet they are all old white people. I've been known to jump to conclusions before. Wanna wager though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know one couple over there. They aren’t as old as us, but they are white. I’d be surprised if there were many minorities in that building. But it’s probably a fair assessment. More interesting to know would be there political leanings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an old white person, chock full of prejudices. Austin might surprise me though.

    ReplyDelete