Monday, December 3, 2007

Artist Series

We have shown other artists in Austin Daily Photo. (By the way, yesterday was our 200th post. My time does fly.) Yesterday after I went to the gym at my club I walked across the cul-de-sac to the Laguna Gloria property which is part of the Austin Museum of Art. They were having an artists' fair for the Christmas season. This is Barry George. He's been in Austin a long time. (With some sojourns elsewhere I think.) He once executed a commission for us which became the first member of our backyard found object band. I found a picture here on one of my other blogs of that long ago work. Barry makes things by welding found objects and he had a lot of small objects for Christmas presents in his booth for this show.

1 comment:

  1. hey there! it's nice that i finally able see austin through a daily photo (i used to live in bastrop, about 30 mins from austin?). i used to check out the austindailyphoto but they're on hiatus. but 2 days ago, i googled austindailyphoto and your web appeared on the list. i instantly checked your web and eversince i link your blog in mine.

    ReplyDelete