Friday, October 3, 2008

Fall Flamingos

There's a garden store at Bee Cave (RM 2244) and 360 (aka Cap. of Texas Hwy) that always has a display of pink plastic flamingos. One way you can tell it is fall is that pumpkins are mixed in with them. (Are they plastic, too? I think so, maybe. I took this from the passenger seat of the car so I didn't give it close inspection.) It's definitely October, I guess. Signs of fall here include pumpkins, a hint of cool in the air before it turns brutally hot and, of course, football (the kind with the odd-shaped ball Americans obsess over). The store is called Pots and Plants.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not so much of a flamingo guy, I'm more of a garden gnome guy.

    The pumpkins do look suspiciously uniform. Plastic pumpkins!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost definitely plastic pumpkins. Stems TOO uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an original display! Even being all plastic it looks very cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shot would be even cooler this time of year, the flamingos look amazing surrounded by bluebonnets. I wish I'd taken a picture while I was visiting.

    ReplyDelete