Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Heat

What's that old saying? "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!" Parind Vora couldn't escape the kitchen last night. He is the chef/owner of Restaurant Jezebel on Congress Avenue. FFP snapped his picture in the open kitchen of the tiny, popular restaurant. Some other patrons in the window seats with us wanted to speak with him and were finally led back to peer over the counter into the open kitchen and tell him how much they loved the food. I had an innovative dish of salmon and pork loin which I couldn't finish because I enjoyed too much bread and warm olives with my delicious first course of salmon tartare. They bundled up our food and held it until we returned from the Paramount which is just down the street.

I love restaurants like this that are unique and driven by their own ideals and have a guy at the helm who can smile so warmly while steam and fire and bustle races around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment