Monday, May 28, 2007

Neighborhood Mural


Maybe it's because so many artists come to study at The University of Texas and then don't want to leave Austin-- whatever. But we seem to have a lot of wonderful outdoor murals that brighten up our town. One of Austin's mottos is "Live Music Capital of the World." Sometimes I think you could add "and Murals" after "Music" in that line.

Here is the one on the west side of the Fresh Plus grocery store near 42nd and Duval in Hyde Park, one of the few remaining smaller, but full-service shops in town. Bright murals like this are a nice human touch to the visual landscape of our neighborhoods.

6 comments:

  1. Nice mural.

    Today I give you a Memorial Day tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice shot of a great idea. I don't know why more cities do not do something like this. I enjoyed my visit here today.

    I have some good news:

    The three baby robins are on their way to Meet the World. I miss them already. It was quite an emotional experience.
    Brookville Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant mural. Very often murals in the UK are political.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You betcha! Murals are important parts of any city--public art is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. neat! i always thought mural signs are much more attractive

    ReplyDelete