Monday, January 1, 2018

Photo of the Year



We had some worthy alternatives for Daily Photo of the Year, but after some thought, we chose this one. This installation by famed artist Ai Weiwei is called “Forever Bicycles.” Situated near the Four Seasons Hotel, just off the Hike and Bike Trail on the north bank of Lady Bird Lake, it provides an arresting visual flare of beauty. (Note from Forrest -- I am glad that I caught my partner in life at just the right moment to make a good composition.) This Photo of the Year serves as a reminder to look for moments of inspiration each day. Happy New Year to all our fellow bloggers and our readers worldwide! Click here to see other bloggers' ideas on this theme.

5 comments:

  1. It's sort of an optical illusion. I admire Ai Weiwei. He's a champion for freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, changed at every angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's terrific. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'd love to see that in person. As a cyclist myself, that's very impressive. Happy shooting for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mesmerizing comes to mind with this one.

    ReplyDelete