Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Old Main

St. Edward's University, a Catholic school perched on a hill off South Congress overlooking the Capital City has a main building with an architecture befitting a university back east. Built around the same time as the Capitol, the building has been through fires and tornadoes but has been rebuilt and remains the stately hub of this campus. If you turn around from where I stood to take this shot, you see the changing skyline of Austin but it was a dreary day with a little fog on the river and I don't have that great a camera so I didn't get a great picture.

1 comment:

  1. Great shot! I went to school here and I loved it! I used to sometimes sit on those stairs and gaze at downtown Austin while I studied. Thanks for the memory. Best, Sergio

    ReplyDelete