Saturday, November 8, 2008

Parched Park

We haven't had much rain since I shot this last month so I suspect Wooldridge Park is still arid. The little park near the court house and jail dips down to a gazebo/band stand thing that looks of another era and is probably part of the century-old design of this park. The lawn around it is sure tinder-dry. We were walking to the court house to vote early when I took this. The park is used by a fair number of transients compared to some other parks. I don't know if the proximity of the public library, another favorite hangout, is a factor. Surely being in the shadow of the jail dosen't influence this as you would think some of these guys might want to put some distance between themselves and law enforcement. The gazebo is used for chess games with a giant board some weekends, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment