Friday, March 6, 2009

Why Up So Early?

Last night I noticed the giant flags erected on Auditorium Shores, across Lady Bird Lake near the Long Center. I found out that it was the set-up for the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo Cowboy breakfast. For some reason, to promote this event, they have a tradition of a free 'cowboy breakfast' and entertainment on Auditorium Shores to kick off their even and it was held this morning. I'm not a cowboy or a breakfast person so I just shot the crowd from my balcony. I understand it is 'Dress Western' day in Austin, too, but I don't have hat nor boots. Jeans will have to do. I did see some genuine looking cowboys at the steak house where we had dinner last night, though. I wish I had time to go to the fairgrounds and get some pictures but I'm entirely tied up with the SXSW film festival and other events. There is always lots going on in Austin.

No comments:

Post a Comment