Saturday, April 18, 2009

Parking...and Noise

Shot this picture at Freddie's on South First the other day before the police threatened to arrest people if they didn't get their music noise below 70 decibels. (First a warning, then a fine, then arrest?) If they didn't serve food, it could be 85. What? This action has created a hue and cry for the City Council to do something to reverse their ordinance. Neighbors of restaurants (and bars which I guess sound softer even when louder?) want them quiet. I think there are exceptions for downtown, but I am rarely bothered by noise and then it's usually sirens. The owner seems to be a nice guy. He canceled 83 bookings of live music after the police visited. If I stand on my balcony on weekends I can hear outdoor venues, even Auditorium Shores shows. Doesn't bother me but that's what one expects living downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment