Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bleeding Orange

A week ago Friday we went to see a neat production of "The Magic Flute" at the Butler Opera Center on the UT Campus. FFP mentioned it here when we ran a picture of the construction at the football stadium. I also snapped this picture of the UT Tower and the fountain west of San Jacinto. The tower was bathed in orange which usually means a sports victory. We couldn't figure out why it was lit, though. The football game was the next day. I'm not a UT Alum, but FFP is. I have occasionally gotten caught up in UT sports, though, especially the Women's 1986 Basketball team and the Women's 1988 Volleyball Team, both of whom won championships in storybook fashion. I read a book while the UT football team toiled for the 2005 title. Actually I was at a party, but it was crowded and I couldn't see any of the TVs from a comfortable perch. Anyway, I spent about fifteen minutes this morning looking for my account of that evening. After National Championships, they light up windows to make a big '1' on the tower. [I'm certain FFP will correct any errors in my account of UT sports protocol!]

1 comment:

  1. A nice night photo. The tower shows up well in orange light.

    ReplyDelete