Sunday, September 9, 2007

Writing and reading


I'm on the board of a unique group in Austin-- Badgerdog Literary Publishing. We host ten-week after-school creative writing programs and the kids then publish their creations in beautifully-designed journals called Youth Voices in Ink. Badgerdog puts out three of these a year. Yesterday, sixteen of the youngsters got to read their works in a public setting at a large downtown church. Afterwards, they had an autograph session and proud parents and audience members had their copies of the journal signed by the authors.

I feel good about having a part in helping kids find ways to dig into their creative souls and discover their talent. Badgerdog also publishes American Short Fiction, an award-winning literary journal.

3 comments:

  1. this is so cool do these books seel anywhere in town? I would love to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are supposed to have copies at Bookpeople.

    I will check to make sure and get back to you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that they'll be on the shelves next week, but let me confirm before you go there.

    ReplyDelete