Saturday, February 9, 2008

Blast from The Past Saturday

I'm not saying that I'm going to show a dated picture every Saturday but a theme day is coming up Saturday, March 1 and I do have a plan for that one ("a street mural or some graffiti in your city. This can be anything from some random graffiti on a wall to a professionally done mural spanning the entire façade of a building") that is something that is no longer seen. Which put me in the mind of pictures of things that are no longer here or look different than they once did.

This photo is from July 2004. The trompe l'oeil mural is, I think, still there on a street just off South Congress. Our dog was still alive and up for walks back then, though, so we know it's dated. Do you know Austin? Do you have suggestions for the theme? Because we may run a series of them. In fact, we've already done some graffiti and murals in the past.

3 comments:

  1. Daniel Johnston's "Hi how are you?" on the drag is pretty iconic. There are some new-ish tile mosaics around I-35 and 12th St. Thoroughly enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny...I was wondering if anyone would mention the Daniel Johnston. It was on the give-away bag for a film fest a while back.

    ReplyDelete