Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Icon or Eyesore?

When I stopped on Sunday on South Lamar to snap a picture of the Broken Spoke, the friend who was with me said "icon or eyesore?" I thought she was clever but she said she stole it and she surely did, from the Austin Chronicle (see here). Anyway, the Broken Spoke, a boot-scooting C&W bar on South Lamar is supposed to remain, um, iconic amid some new development. They weren't open Sunday afternoon. (No big screens for a Super Bowl event?) My friend said that they advertised the best chicken-fried steak in Austin or something and she had one and it wasn't. It's been so long since I had one anywhere that I could be no judge. But if you want to two-step and hear music about cheating hearts? This is your place.

2 comments:

  1. Although I'm not a big C&W fan, the place looks cute. Don't like chicken fried steak either, so I'll probably never have any reason to step foot inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photo! I like the name of the place too.


    Pat

    Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

    ReplyDelete