Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Off the Set of 'Giant'

I was at the garden party the other night and encountered Damon Holditch in a straw cowboy hat. (Spring, garden party, you get it.) I had shown him here in a collage of fashion from a party. Well, I didn't get his picture at the garden party but at the dinner before the opera I saw him doing a formal version of his Texas look and looking every bit the part of J.R. on "Dallas" or Jett Rink or Bick Benedict in "Giant." He's with his wife, Becky I believe, and they are talking to, seated, Drs. Michele Berger and David Tobey. Damon has a trademark hat for every occasion. The Drs. are married and great supporters of the arts in Austin. Not everyone in Texas wears a hat (or even owns one) but it's good to keep the legends alive.

3 comments:

  1. Very true..not everyone wears a hat in Texas... nor jeans nor spurs nor cowboy boots. Most people don't even know how to ride a horse LOL...
    I am from Texas though LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a native Texan, too. But at the moment I own no boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ara-- like your blog! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete