Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chocolate Bacon

There's no other way to say it. Chocolate bacon. While my older great nephews shopped for candy using a bucket to choose from hundreds of old-fashioned confections this lady coated bacon with chocolate at the fine confection counter. Big Top Candy Shop also sells traditional shop fountain drinks. I thought it would be a disaster for the nephews, but my niece unwrapped a lollipop for the little one and gave the clerk the wrapper and he sat by me happily while the older boys where given free rein to pick some confections with a little help from mom in deciding the limits of decency. To balance we stopped by Farm to Market Grocery and got organic milk for them. I didn't taste the chocolate bacon, but I think it goes on the list of things I have to try before I die. We've shown Big Top's candies before but we thought they deserved another feature for chocolate bacon!

I see on the WEB that the Big Top folks also own Monkey See, Monkey Do featured here once before. Amusing.

6 comments:

  1. Chocolate Bacon. New one on me. when I lived in Scotland they had the deep fried mars bar.Interesing post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's something. The only thing which has peaked my bacon interest more is Chicken Fried Bacon with cream gravy in Snook Texas (near College Station).

    Cubby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that THE Cubby or just some anonymous Cubby???

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my coworkers brought chocolate covered bacon to our company Halloween party. We all thought he was crazy...who knew there was a confectioner SELLING the stuff here in town?! I'll have to send my coworker over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why yes ma'am... THE Cubby. Long time lurker, it only took odd meat to make me comment.

    The Chiken Fried Bacon was anticlimatic... Months of anticipation waiting for the next trip to College Station. I think mostly because it was really poor bacon. They should have used some thick cut peppered bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know you are the real Cubby, calling me ma'am and all. Chocolate bacon, I think, is best just thought about, not eaten.

    Lurking is good. Annual comments (or more or less often) are OK. They have to be moderated after all.

    ReplyDelete