Friday, May 23, 2008

Sculpture for the Pickers

The big party was very crowded at the 360. They'd invited all the residents, most of whom had not had a chance to get inside. And it seems they'd invited every vendor imaginable and friends of the developer, etc. I think we had the most fun at the plaza on 3rd (which is not a through street currently but dead ends into a foot bridge. The guy who did this sculpture in the little plaza was onhand. He said his name was La Paso and the sculpture had a plaque that said 'Killer Riffs' by La Paso www.lapaso.com. In any case, the guitars in the wind looked smart with our building and the AMLI building. A few close friends were also hanging out here, avoiding overcrowded elevators, long food lines and a brisk wind that didn't cool off this late May day on the pool deck.

Soon we will be residents here and I figure they will never have or allow this large a party again. Must have been a thousand people??

3 comments:

  1. The lapaso.com website opened for me. Wind sculptures are the perfect form of art of for Texas ... Looking forward to future photos from your new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a big party (and I love your photo of the sculpture). I'm late with my 1st blogoversary congratulations to you, but I'm throwing you a very small cupcake party at my site today! Hope this next year is just as fun as the first!
    -Kim
    Seattle Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the greetings all...and the lapaso.com web site works for me now, too. I corrected the entry with the link. Saw another of his works at The Domain last night but I was without a camera.

    ReplyDelete