Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Street

Today is theme day at City Daily Photo. Actually it's not the first of the month as I write this because I'm queuing up pictures to cover a period where I hope to not be so tied to the computer. The theme is 'my street' which, I understand, caused some privacy concerns in City Daily Photo land. Well we are always showing 'our house' here and I guess we aren't too concerned because we live in a high rise with around 600 other people and many, many dogs! This shot is of the street (3rd St.) that actually runs in front of the main entrance to our building where you can enter and talk to our 24-hour concierge. If you click on the picture and enlarge it you can see that some bikes are about to cross the pedestrian/bike bridge across Shoal Creek where this street dead ends  Someone is walking a dog (one of our fellow residents, no doubt). There is a pocket park with a sculpture that moves in the wind and some palm trees obscuring a decommissioned railroad bridge. On the left is Austin Music hall and on the right you can see part of our building where there is a restaurant (Garrido's) on the creek and a bit back from there the outdoor area of Mulberry Wine Bar. Above that are a few floors of parking areas for our building. In the distance is another high-rise residence, Spring Condominiums.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone else had a double yellow down the middle like this - it's more unique than you'd think! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete