Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Downtown...backwards

That's an Austin skyline. But backwards. And, no downtown doesn't have a multi-story billboard. This fantasy skyline is reflected in the window of the Salvation Army Thrift Store, which is in the strip center at 1100 or so S. Lamar. (This center has the Alamo Drafthouse South in it and that's why I was there last Friday.) I'm thinking a mirror in the thrift store's furniture department or some other reflection accounts for what looks like a giant screen appearing in the middle of downtown. Click on the image for a larger version if you want to look further into this illusion.

And for those following along at home I do believe you can see the condo building going up where we will one day live if all goes well. And the Capitol Building peeks out nearby.

As I've mentioned here before, I'm somewhat obsessed with shop window pictures but we will keep them to a minimum here and I'll satisfy that obsession on my other blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment