Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Guitar Redux

I don't know how long the decorated guitars are staying scattered around our fair city and I'm not sure where they all are. It is fun to just notice them as you go around town. This one is outside Royal Blue Grocery on Third Street. It was night time and I had to struggle a little to get enough light but as you can see this guitar seems to be playing itself! We have shown another guitar here on ADP and you will also find one here on one of my other blogs.

Update: One of our readers offers a link for the guitar town display. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen these with violins...but never guitars...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.gibson.com/AustinGuitarTownWebsite/
    go to this website for a map so you can see all the different guitars. I did a tour early one Sunday morning around the holidays but this is one I have not seen. I have photos of them on my blog as well. I chose early morning because there were no people around to block the shot. There are a lot of them down where you will live soon! Good luck! I look forward to seeing your pictures of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to take the tour. I've got a couple of friends who made guitars for this. They are "showcase guitars" and they're at a shop on 6th Street at Wild about music.

    Oh... here's a link to a PDF to show where all of them are:
    http://www.gibson.com/Files/_austin/AustinMap.pdf

    ReplyDelete