Saturday, August 18, 2007

This picture of graffiti was shot recently on the side of a building around Fourth and Nueces. If I wanted a recent picture, it was this or...another guitar! So here is a call to arms for what? I don't know. As interesting as graffiti can be I'm opposed to vandalism. It amazes me that people can do so much of it and rarely ever get arrested. The authorities are stretched with violent crimes and traffic accidents, I guess, even in a relatively safe city like Austin. Come to think of it, I'm against guns, too. It's a personal thing, though. I don't care if other people have them as long as they are sane and not criminals. Of course, how do you tell?

Now that I think of it couldn't these folks go to the library, get free access to the Internet, sign up for a free blogging account and get their message out online? No paint expense then. And no laws broken if you avoid libel and slander. I suppose that misses the point somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment