Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beach Fashion

Part of a benefit for AIDS Services Austin last night was a Monte Carlo themed fashion show with lots of beachwear as well as formal wear. I was on the second row about thirty feet from the end of the runway and I was testing my new point and shoot Nikon Coolpix S630. It has a 7X zoom and I was assisted by the show lighting so I could use normal auto settings. I was suprised at the clarity and composition of this one. No cropping was done. I really like fashion shows which surprises everyone because I'm not that interested in wearing fashion. Hopefully lots of money was raised with ticket sales, silent auction items, a raffle, etc. for the people living with HIV/AIDS in Austin.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic shot, Linda! That new camera has a terrific zoom on it. We will be getting some nice photos in the weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete