Friday, February 26, 2010

Change in View

We were at the Headliners Club in the Chase Building for a speech about the almost two-year-old Long Center for the Performing Arts on Tuesday. Between a light sleet storm and a heavy snow there was a cloudy lull. I shot this to show that it is now harder to see the subject of the speech with the W Hotel so near its full height. Here's a shot showing the Long Center before the W rose up from a window of this same building. It's sort of fun to follow along on these projects in the making with Austin Daily Photo. W Hotel/Condos/ACL Studio and the The Long Center will be part of our downtown for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I love your updates of the buildings, but I also love that you can just baaaarely see the reflection of the photographer (Hi Linda!) and another person to the right (FP??). Super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed...we are the guilty reflected parties. I liked that about the picture.

    ReplyDelete