Friday, February 19, 2010

The Top of Frost Bank

At dusk yesterday I was trying out a new camera, a Nikon Coolpix P90, and I shot this picture from our balcony. We've shown the Frost Bank Tower many times, mostly from our balcony as here and here and here. We've also gotten closer in other buildings and shot its iconic top as here and here. What's special to me about this one is that it is an uncropped shot using the new camera, its maximum 24X zoom and a simple 'dawn/dusk' scene setting. I braced against the balcony but didn't use a tripod. I feel, even after our building and others like the Austonian and Spring have been added to our skyline that this tower remains iconic for Austinites. Hopefully our new camera will give clearer views of things without seeking vantage points beyond our apartment balcony. Of course, when we are out and about, the shots are just as likely to be made with an iPhone or small 'point and shoot.'

3 comments: