Monday, November 19, 2007

Stately Home...and Trees

There is an area north of The University of Texas where homes were built by local architects and craftsmen, sometimes for themselves and, often, for professors. Most people refer to the area as Harris Park, I believe. We took a Heritage Society tour of the exteriors of some of the houses on 32nd Street yesterday. This shot doesn't show the Monterey-style Spanish Colonial Revival house to best effect. Rather I shot it to enjoy the beautiful live oak on the property. Click here to enjoy the larger image.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I really appreciate what you do here.

    I used to live in Austin on several occasions and these photos take me home.

    Peace, love and understanding.

    ~ RubyShooZ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. RubyShooz-- thanks for the nice comment. I visited your blog and enjoyed reading your musings as well. Best to you.

    Forrest

    ReplyDelete