Saturday, June 7, 2008

Downtown Wheels

Across Fourth Street from our condo building there is a bike shop called Mellow Johnny's. These wheels were on display when we walked through the other day. I think they have locker rooms for people who bike downtown. We don't bike but we might go to the friendly little coffee shop inside now and again. It's called Juan Pelota. This is supposed to be amusing if you know that Lance Armstrong is the owner of the complex. My sources say that Sandra Bullock owns the old building that was developed into the huge bike store and little coffee place. Don't expect to see celebrities, though. Young bike salesmen, all kinds of Austinites buying and the cleverly-tattooed running the coffee shop is more like it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy, we've got an unofficial bike theme going today! Fun to learn about this place.
    -Kim
    Seattle Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting image and words with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a great story about Mellow Johnny's in Austin Monthly. I want to store my bike there to be in the scene, but logistically it doesn't make sense. The store is half way between my house and my office. I'm still going to go there. Maybe I'll meet you guys for coffee there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the Seattle Shot. Good job, Kim.

    I know, Bitsy. It's tempting to me to get a bike that goes somewhere (as opposed to the recumbent bike to nowhere across the hall) just to be cool. But I would get killed. So I'm sticking to walking. But the accessories aren't as cool.

    ReplyDelete