Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ima Hogg

Ima Hogg was a famous Texas Lady. Yesterday, that homophone might have been uttered between the hundreds of big old Harleys and Hondas and such. They were welcomed on Congress with pedestrians. No cars allowed. Some of those four-wheelers were being towed when we walked down there. I believe the event is called The Republic of Texas Biker Rally. FFP stepped out on our downtown balcony a couple of times last night and watched bikes on W. 5th. Otherwise, we passed peaceful evening a few blocks from their revelry.

2 comments:

  1. having lived in fort worth for eight years I'm quite aware of ima hogg (and of course all the associated ima hogg jokes). I'm new to the city daily photo and tried to find a fort worth daily photo site to add to my blog roll, but there isn't one, however, I'm quite fond of austin and have beaucoup buds in the area, so am adding your delightful site for when I need a little dose of tejas!

    ReplyDelete