Friday, August 1, 2008

Theme Day: Metal

We are soon leaving our big yard and its junk metal musicians behind. This is a detail of the innards of the sousaphone player. I've shown you some of this sculpture before. The French horn player here and the trumpet player here. Since I soon won't own that backyard I thought it most appropriate for theme day to show it. We are probably leaving most of the band behind for the new owners but we are probably selling the trumpet player since we found a willing buyer.

The City Daily Photo group always has a theme day on the first of the month. This month's theme is metal
Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

5 comments:

  1. Nice illustration full of rost of this theme day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww, quite sad to leave pieces like this one. Anything that produces music, to me, has a soul.

    Have a fab weekend! Happy theme day.

    joy
    Norwich Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you are moving! I'd find it hard to leave such wonderful work behind but lucky buyers. I bought a house in Australia once and part of the deal was that I had the residence tree frog - he was called Sedge and lived in a plant pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photo. Too bad you have to leave it all behind. Hope whoever buys your house appreciates this art.

    Happy Theme Day!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete