Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bike and Bug

A couple of weekends ago Austin hosted both a huge bikers rally and the annual Gay Pride Parade, which is also a very large happening. Many of the bikers are affluent professionals who can maintain these expensive machines in fine style. Both incidents were quite peaceful and came off without a hitch or any conflicts at all.

On Sunday morning, I walked up to our local bakery for a coffee and a bran muffin. Outside, I caught a shot of this beautifully kept motorcycle sitting next to a modern day VW bug.

When we got married back in 1976, Linda's car was a gray VW shaped like this one. It's funny, but when I see a car like this, I still think back to that happy time in my life when we were getting to know each other.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that bug was three colors! Gray, rust and primer. And the headliner was rotting away. But those were definitely the good times.

    ReplyDelete