Friday, June 15, 2007

Neighborhood Art

This bit of art in our neighborhood reminds me of a creature opening its mouth to grip part of a machine. This house often has outdoor art with weathered wood and metal. We walk by this house a lot on our excursions around the neighborhood. In truth, I took this one in 2005. I've been carrying my camera around a lot since we started this photo blog, but lately I haven't seen too many opportunities for a picture. So I've been digging through the archives. I like it when people put original sculpture in their yards. Beats the concrete statues bought on the roadside. Although sometimes those can amuse, too. Over on West Lynn there is a concrete gorilla that is huge. And the owners sometimes dress him for occasions. I looked to see if he was still there the other day. And he was, but unadorned.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if someone could tell me exactly where the gorilla is on West Lynn? I was wanting to go by and see it. Please email me at applegirl51@gmail.com. Thanks for your help! :) stacy

    ReplyDelete